NetX is a leading developer of digital asset management software for museums, universities, and businesses around the world. We’re a passionate, collaborative team that believes in the pursuit of simplicity, building cool software and having great relationships with our customers. This endeavor started more than 20 years ago, and continues to grow, thrive and excel in downtown Portland, OR.
DevOps engineers are part of the Development and Operations team. As part of that team, you will be working directly with every person that has a hand in building new features, iterating the application and working to transition our current application and infrastructure architecture from bare metal to the cloud. DevOps engineers are responsible for deploying, running, monitoring and triaging our SaaS infrastructure in our data center and AWS. We need and want you to be able to disagree without being disagreeable, help us to implement and improve best practices, push for a CI/CD future and help us automate everything we can safely get away with.
- Manage, configure, patch, and maintain 200+ CentOS 6/7 VMs running out of a data center in Portland.
- Manage, configure, patch and maintain existing AWS infrastructure and work with the team to develop and implement a long term strategy for moving from bare metal to the cloud.
- Maintain and improve authn and authz services for the entire organization
- Implement security best practices across Linux VMs, third party software and AWS services
- Participate in weekly sprint planning and daily standups (they’re really short) with the rest of the development and operations team
- Participate in the evaluation, selection and deployment of new technologies and tools
- Work with the rest of the team to identify, improve and optimize overall system performance
- Perform system audits, document findings and publish recommendations
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation for production applications
- 3+ years of experience administering, configuring and maintaining Linux systems
- 2+ years of experience administering, configuring and maintaining AWS implementations
- 2+ years of experience writing and maintaining Ansible code
- Experience working with build systems like Jenkins
- High-level of proficiency writing Python
- Experience with different implementations of LDAP and experience using Active Directory
- High-level understanding of web application and microservice architecture (CDNs, LBs, Message Queueing, HA)
- Experience participating in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Experience with other automation and IAC tools
- Experience working with different virtualization and containerization technologies: OpenVZ, VMWare, Proxmox
- Experience working with MySQL and SQLServer
- Experience working with Icinga, Prometheus, Grafana and Atlassian tools
- Experience with transcoding tools Imagemagick, ffmpeg, vantage, flipfactory
- Experience with Solr
- Experience with Git
Send Resume to HR@NetX.net