PORTLAND, Ore. - Jan. 9, 2008 - NetXposure, Inc. today announced the availability of NETXPOSURE 5, a radically new enterprise digital asset management (DAM) system that combines the flexibility of the Web with the responsiveness of the desktop. Re-architected as a rich Internet application utilizing Adobe AIR and Adobe Flex technologies, NETXPOSURE 5 delivers an intuitively expressive user experience that runs identically in all major browsers and operating systems. It also provides real-time, seamless interactivity with digital assets from virtually any application, including built-in integration with Adobe Creative Suite 3. NETXPOSURE 5 helps streamline the creation, management and delivery of marketing assets and brand imagery while providing the rich user experience that today's marketing and creative professionals expect.
Available now, NetXposure will demonstrate the new DAM solution at the 2008 Macworld Conference and Expo, January 15-18, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, booth S-432.
"The way marketing and creative teams work has evolved, placing new demands on tools and practices needed to create, manage and distribute valuable brand assets," said Devin Donnelly, CEO of NetXposure. "NETXPOSURE 5 delivers an engaging and powerful user experience that marketing and creative professionals have come to expect in today's Web 2.0 environment, while still satisfying strict IT requirements as an open standards-based application that integrates with existing infrastructure."
While traditional Web-based DAM applications have provided significant accessibility improvements over platform-dependant client applications, they still lack the robust interactivity and functionality of desktop applications. Many HTML applications also lack the expressiveness and performance required by users today. NETXPOSURE 5 combines attributes of the Web and desktop environments, resulting in a more intuitive user experience that helps marketing and creative professionals work more efficiently and effectively.
New features and capabilities include:
- Adobe Flex-powered user interface including cascading pull-down menus, slider resizing capabilities and the ability to visually sort thousands of files delivers a compelling and consistent user experience, regardless of browser or operating system
- Automatic offline synching capabilities enabled by Adobe AIR, including the ability to drag-and-drop between the asset repository and desktop applications, as well as bulk upload- and download capabilities
- Adobe Creative Suite 3 Connector transparently links the NetXposure asset repository and CS3 point applications, allowing users to access and interact with assets from within their production applications such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and others
- New support for Adobe Digital Negative (DNG) specification
- Enhanced support capabilities for the latest Mac OS, Windows and Linux
NETXPOSURE 5 is available now. For more information on how to purchase or upgrade, or to view an online video demonstration of the new product capabilities, please visit www.netx.net.
NetXposure makes software products that empower organizations to efficiently create, manage, distribute and market digital content. Founded in 1995, NetXposure is headquartered in Portland, Oregon with offices in Tokyo, Japan, Bangalore, India and London, England. For more information on NetXposure's products and services please visit our website: http://netx.net or call (503) 499-4342.
heather (at) netx (dot) net